Sunday, December 5, 2010

The things I'll do to keep from eating...

I've mentioned before that one of my triggers for eating is stress. Stress will send me to the fridge or the cookie jar every single time. But another trigger is boredom.

Now, you'd think with two kids, a husband, an insane dog, a house, a full-time job and 10,000 other things, I wouldn't have time to be bored.

You'd be wrong. Not that there isn't always something I could be doing, but most often than not, what I could be doing is not what I want to do.

So yesterday, midday, after I had done some work stuff in the morning, and had done some home stuff, I was bored. I mean, the good college football games weren't even on yet. I planned on running, but it was still too hot at that point. And yes, I could have wrapped presents, cleaned out Katie's room, mopped the kitchen floor, but I didn't want to do those things.

So I cleaned out this random closet in our dining room. I'm not sure what the original owners of the house intended for this closet to be. It's too far from the kitchen to act as a pantry, and it's in the dining room. For the 11.5 years we've been here, it's housed our video tapes, our DVDs, games, Rusty's engineering textbooks, a space shuttle model as well as 65,000 tons of computer wires.

It took me two hours and I filled up *six* garbage bags, but I didn't eat anything! I also found some Christmas decorations I thought I had lost, and my framed bachelor's degree!

So, win-win.

---

My husband walked into the dining room yesterday morning and remarked that I take more pills than an old person.

He was exaggerating, but I do take a few supplements. I don't take any other daily medications and am overall fairly healthy (or, as I refer to it, too mean to get sick).

Every morning, I take a multi-vitamin for women and two calcium supplements (recommended for women my age). Yesterday, I added two glucosamine tablets.

My left hip has started bothering me on long runs. I'm doing some stretches before and after, but I thought I'd give the glucosamine a try, too. I'll report back in a week or so to let y'all know if it actually works!

No comments:

Post a Comment