Saturday, December 11, 2010

Intentions.

We are 21 days from the New Year (and 20 days until my BABY is 9!), and I'm starting to think about intentions already.

Not "resolutions." Intentions. For me, "intentions" sounds more forceful and decisive than "resolutions." When I say that I intend to do something, I'm going to do it. "Resolve" to me sounds weak, like, "well, maybe I'll do it or maybe I won't."

So, intentions for the new year. The year I turn, ahem, 39.

Hopefully, I will have reached my goal of 130 by then. If not, then I intend to do that ASAP in 2011.

I intend to run every single day in 2011. Every. Single. Day. As in, not skipping any. I've run every single day since mid-October, so I'm certain I can do this. I do need to come up with contingency plans in the event that there is torrential rain (I'll run in light showers) or snow or, God forbid, a hurricane.

I'm going to run a marathon in 2011. There, I've said it, out loud and in public. I've actually signed up and paid to run in two marathons in the past...and didn't do them. Not this time.

A co-worker of mine ran her first marathon this past weekend, the White Rock Marathon in Dallas. I talked to her about it this past week and she was so full of excitement and accomplishment that I thought,  "I want that. I want to do that."

I'm lucky in that there are five marathons in places not too far from me: There's the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Antonio, the White Rock Marathon in Dallas, the Houston Marathon, the Austin Marathon, and of course, The Gusher Marathon here in Beaumont.

The Gusher is a little too quick for me to be ready for the marathon -- March 12, 2011 -- so I'm just going to run the half. The Houston is in January, and it's done by a lottery system, so I'm not able to do that one in 2011. The Austin Marathon is in February, so again, too quick for me to get ready.

That makes the Rock N Roll one and the White Rock one the only possibilities for 2011. I will be in one of them. Twenty-six-point-two miles here I come.

---

I stepped on the scale this morning to see that I've lost two pounds this week. This was nice surprise; I was expecting a one-pound loss.

I had lots of opportunities to fail this week, but I managed not to do that. So 134 it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment