Monday, December 27, 2010

The day after the day after.

We're done with Christmas. There were three days of it, all told, and lots of fun and good food.

The hardest part about trying to lose weight during a major holiday isn't the actual days of celebration, I don't think. A little indulgence isn't a bad thing.

It's when the celebration is over and it's time to go back to how you were eating before that's difficult.

I'm not a big sweets eater (neither are my kids, really). But I do love chips and crackers and dips, rolls and dressing -- savory, starchy items that are just as caloric as if I were eating three pieces of cheesecake. I don't keep a lot of sweets around the house, but I do have the chips and crackers around for snacks. Prior to the three days of Christmas, I was able to keep it under control and not have them at all, or have them in moderation.

Now it's time to go back to that. Sigh.

---

One thing I do have going for me is that I ran every single day, just like always. It was colder than usual here, so that was a challenge. But after 15 minutes or so, I warmed up enough to take my gloves and hat off.

I won't step on the scale until tomorrow or Wednesday, though. Once I get back on track with drinking my water and eating my usual meals, whatever weight I took on over the past couple of days will come off. I don't want to get on the scale and see a gain, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment